B. Arch. (Hons) M.R.I.A.I.Senior Architect & Director
2009 – Present Director of Lyons Architecture Limited trading as Kenny Lyons & Associates.
In 2009 with the retirement of Michael Kenny the practice converted to a Limited Company with Peter Lyons taking full control.Projects completed by Peter Lyons with Kenny Lyons & Associates since 2009 include;
• St. Etchen’s National School, Kinnegad
• St. Mary’s National School, Edgeworthstown
• Extension to Ballykilmurray Community Centre in Ballinamere, Co. Offaly
• Tullamore Central Library extension & refurbishment
• Extension to Kiladooley National School
• Kilcormac Public Realm Works
• Eurotags tag printing facility, Mullinahone, Co. Tipperary
• St. Conleth’s National School
• Birr Active Travel Project at Emmet Square & Wilmer Road, Birr
• St. Kilian’s National School, Mullagh, Co. Cavan
• Offaly GAA Centre of Excellence, Kilcormac, Co. Offaly
2005 – 2009 Managing Partner & Senior Architect with Kenny Lyons & Associates. In conjunction with a move to larger modern offices in May 2005, the practice began a new era with the formation of the current trading partnership of Kenny Lyons & Associates. Since then Peter Lyons has managed the new practice on a daily basis while maintaining responsibility for the major projects from design to construction, including;
• Extension & refurbishment of St. Laserians School, Carlow
• New 7000 seat spectator stand at O’Connor Park
• New €1.8m extension to Clonaslee National School
• Extension to Atlantic Homecare, Tullamore Retail Park
• New Fire station at Edenderry for Offaly County Council
• 8000 capacity spectator Terrace at O’Connor Park
1994 – 2005 Senior Architect with Kenny & Associates with complete responsibility for the day to day running of the Tullamore office.
Project Architect for all projects assigned to the Tullamore office of Kenny & Associates with responsibility for Design of buildings, attendance at all Client and site meetings and administration of all Building Contracts. During this time Peter gained considerable experience in a variety of Architectural fields as demonstrated on the array of projects which he was responsible for, most notably;
• Tullamore Retail Park, 10,000 sq.m. of Retail Warehousing
• Extension to Lumcloon National School
• New Franciscan Friary at Killarney
• New County Headquarters for Teagasc at Tullamore
• Training & Resource Centre at Sligo for the Rehab Group
• Extension and Alterations to Ferbane Church
1993 – 1994 Project Architect with Donoghue & Fitzgerald Architects Dalkey, Co. Dublin.
Responsible for the conversion of the Former St. Kevins Church, Dublin to 30 exclusive apartments, taking project from initial design through to planning application and fire safety certificate application. This project was a complex task to design studio and 1 bed apartments to fit within the envelope of a highly decorative and intricate church.Collaborated on a design competition entry for a Buddhist retreat on Holy Island, Scotland.